I WANT TO BUY
Looking for the right home can be a daunting process for first-time buyers and seasoned buyers alike. From the style of the house to the type of appliances, there are countless factors that can go into such a big purchase. The following checklist outlines the most important things you should think about when you’re looking for a new home.
- 1- Define your Budget: Avoid heartbreak by taking the time to analyze your financial situation before you begin the search. Start by reviewing your credit score, monitoring your debt, and choosing an appropriate down payment. Meeting with a financial professional can help you get an accurate picture of your financial situation and the loans you are eligible for.
- 2- Your Needs List: Always search for homes that meet your needs. A must-have list encourages you to write out exactly what you need in a new home and will significantly help in narrowing down the scope of your search.Think about what type of home you want to live in–Single Family or Townhome/Condo? How many bathrooms and bedrooms do you need? Do you want a fireplace or pool? What’s the minimum lot size you would be comfortable with and do you require a garage? What about air conditioning?Focus your list on the high-level, pricey aspects of a home. Minor changes such as painting and smaller renovation projects can be worked on down the road, but changes that add up in time and money should be avoided (think kitchen remodels or adding another bathroom). Narrowing down your search to homes that don’t require major changes will help ensure you choose a home that is within your budget.Compromise can be hard, but don’t let small things completely take a home off of your shortlist. Remember, minor changes such as painting and smaller renovation projects can be worked on down the road, however, if there are a lot of these things the costs of those projects can add up. Focus on the minor modifications that you feel comfortable changing.
- 3- Location: The location of your potential new home serves multiple purposes. Location will impact your daily life and happiness as well as your home’s value down the road.When looking at location in terms of resell value, you want to look at school districts, neighborhoods & communities, proximity to hospitals, ski stations, restaurants, retail establishments, etc…. Along with the resale value, analyze the location of a home from the perspective of your well-being and happiness. Things such as your daily commute, surrounding noise, and community will greatly shape your experience in the home.Along with this checklist, seeking guidance from a professional is always a good idea! A real estate broker like me can offer a wide array of skills and expertise, from the showing of a home to the endless paperwork. You can count on me to guide you through the process and assist in your home-buying decisions.
WHY work with me?
When it comes to buying your perfect home, there are many steps and decisions to navigate along the way. By partnering with me, you can rest assured knowing I will:
- Take the time to educate yourself on your options.
- Tailor your search to the homes that best fit your wish list.
- Stay ahead of market trends and offer professional advice and guidance.
- Connect you with the right professionals and resources.
- Help you make the decision that is best suited to your unique goals.
- Negotiate on your behalf to ensure you are in the best position when you make an offer
Finding the right home might not necessarily mean finding the “perfect” home, but rather, finding the right home for you to make your own. Hopefully, this provides you with a guide to start your journey toward the right home. When you’re ready to start looking, don’t hesitate to give me a call!